Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ideas

Who can't relate to leaving one chapter behind and moving on to the next?
~ Mike Shinoda
- - - - -

In getting ready for my move from Iowa to South Carolina, I have been doing a lot of reflection.  Thinking about things I did well and things I did REALLY well and even the things I did exceptionally well.  

In the process, I have gone through files and notebooks (not all of my notebooks - there is no time for that.  I'll leave it to my future biographers.) and I have found some interesting things.  

I found one small notebook from when I was the hall director in Martin Hall.  The building next door - Eaton - was substance free.  In my notebook, I wrote the following:

"In Eaton there is no beer...  that's why we drink it here!"  

The quote was followed by the notation, "(bad house shirt ideas)."

I'm not sure if it was my idea or not, but I'm glad it wasn't a house shirt when I was the hall director.  Now, from a distance, it seems like it would be a very clever shirt idea.

It's funny how time changes one's perspective.  Well, time and shifting responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment