Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

Special

If something is not special, it's ordinary.
~ Nora Ephron
- - - - -

You never know what is going to happen.  You wake up and you don't know what your day is going to hold.  You can approach each day - each moment! - from a place of fear - fear of the unknown and things you cannot control or predict.   Or you can approach your time from a place of anticipation and excitement and wonder.

It's up to you.

You can mix it up, as well.  I like to think that I try to start each day enthusiastically.  Well, most days.  Well, most Saturdays.  But there are some days I wake up with a sense of foreboding.  It is usually from inside of me - usually inside of my head.  

I can tell you this...  If I ever wake up and in my head I hear a narrator's voice and the narrator says, "Today, on a very special episode of Michelle Boettcher..."  I'm going to cancel everything and call in sick.  Because I know how that goes.  They call it "a very special episode," but what it really means is that something bad and traumatic is going to happen.  

Though, I will admit, if it was an actual TV show called, "Michelle Boettcher" and not my life, I would watch it.  Because I love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment