Search This Blog

Friday, August 1, 2014

Zen

Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.  This is the ultimate.
~ Zhuangzi
- - - - -

The other day I was walking to my car and I saw this flower.  So I took a photo of it.  I was looking at the photo as I continued toward my car.  I walked by a car that was parked but running.  It was the first time I had parked in that part of the parking lot, so I didn't think much about the car.  I didn't even look up.

When I was directly in front of the car, the person in it honked the horn.  It was loud.  It disturbed my zen.  A lot of very un-zen words flashed through my mind.

By the time I went to the window of the car and confront Mike for doing that to me, I had softened my language in my head enough so that the language that came out of the mouth part of my head was simply, "Butthead."

It's okay that I called Mike that.  He was laughing too hard to hear me.

Isn't it a pretty flower?


No comments:

Post a Comment