Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gone

We are time's subjects, and time bids begone.
William Shakespeare
- - - - -

Today is new job eve for me.  I start my new job tomorrow.  This photo is of the sign that used be Long John Silver's in Ames.  I'm guessing Ames kind of feels like this right now.  Like I'm the really nice Long John Silver's that got away.  And now Ames is sad.  And dark.  And lonely.

There are a couple of problems with this comparison, though.  First of all, I do not particularly care for Long John Silver's.  Second, I don't know that Ames misses me more today than they did yesterday or the day I left town.  Or tomorrow.  So the timing of this post could be off.  Third, it's not a good analogy because the thing MOST like Long John Silver's leaving town is the fact that Long John Silver's actually did leave town.

Anyway, tomorrow I start a new job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment