Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cracked

 You live and learn.  At any rate you live.
- Douglas Adams
- - - - -
I have learned a lot from Sally.  She has taught me when not to be patient.  She has helped me understand the value of being direct and not quiet.  She has shown me that I SHOULD be quiet when I am dialoguing with her because what she has to say is far more important and helpful whereas what I have to say is just kind of rambly.  Kind of like the introduction to this post.
Anyway, once upon a time I was visiting her in her office and I did something worthy of having my bag kicked.  That is not a euphemism for anything.  She literally kicked my bag.
In trying to follow her lead, guidance and mentoring, I followed up with her via email.
Me:  I just got back to my office and I noticed that when you kicked my bag, you damaged a couple of teh Faberge Eggs I was transporting (because you know that's the kind of thing I would collect).  Anyway, I won't charge you the full cost of the eggs, since I already have a guyer lined up and I'm pretty sure I can conceal the damage and still sell them to Kurt - I mean to the anonymous buyer.  So, instead of their actual value, if you could just give me about $500 in cash (twenties) when I see you this afternoon, that will be fine.  Thanks for your help with this.  Love, michelle.
Sally: I will give it to you in ones, not 20s or the deal is off.
I'm still waiting for the 500 one dollar bills and I sen tthat email 12 years ago today.

No comments:

Post a Comment