Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Meat

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like and do what you'd rather not.
~ Mark Twain
- - - - -
 
I have a good friend who loves meat.  Actually, I probably have a lot of them who love meat.  This one in particular however has proclaimed his love of meat (and hatred of all things citrus and his loathing of the wind) repeatedly. 
 
One time we were hosting an event with some other people and I assigned him to bring "some kind of meat."  He said he wouldn't be able to do that because he is a vegetarian.  I called him out on this joke / lie, responding, "If you've never woken up after an all-night binge and breaking out of jail to find yourself in a meat packing plant and unable to control your sobbing, well then, you're not a REAL vegetarian."
 
I guess we all have our own ways of defining things.

No comments:

Post a Comment