Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Help


Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.
~ Todd Stocker
- - - - -

If we think of our sharing as a means of helping others (and I'm sure not all of us do think of sharing that way), then what is the purpose behind what we choose to share?  How do we expect what we share to be helpful to others?

What do we have to give?  What do we have to lift up others?  Are we intentional, accidental or neglectful in our sense of assistance to something beyond ourselves?  

Maybe we just each share and help what we have to share and how we can help.  It's not a "most helpful contest."  Thankfully.

Person 1:  Here.  Look at what I ate.
Person 2:  Oh.  Okay. 
Person 1:  Did you see it?  Did you see what I ate?
Person 2:  I did.  You just showed me a photo of it.
Person 1:  Pretty great, huh?
Person 2:  Um...  yes.
Person 1:  You don't seem too excited about it.
Person 2:  I'd rather see how you helped the world yesterday.
Person 1:  (pause)  Um...  I cleaned my plate.
Person 2:  Nicely done.
Person 1:  How did YOU help the world yesterday?
Person 2:  I didn't post a picture of my food.  I posted a video of a cute kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment