Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Game

You have to learn the rules of the game.  And then you have to play better than anyone else.
~ Albert Einstein
- - - - -

Life is not a game.  Life is work.  Life is observation and action and reflection.  Life is about doing and seeing and being.  Well, there is a game called "Life" but it's not like real life.  Not everyone can choose to go to college and not everyone is forced to stop and get married at some point.  And in some places insurance isn't optional.  And not everyone has a car.  It does involve money, though.

Or the lack thereof.  

What if there was a chess master (I'm switching game references here, stay with me) and s/he became very poor.  And s/he had to pawn her chess pieces one at a time.  That would be sad.  And ironic.  And I hope the person at the pawnshop wouldn't laugh at the chess master.  Because s/he has it hard enough as it is.

Sorry this isn't a picture of a chess board.  That would have been more relevant.  But I had to pawn the one I had.  Just kidding.  

I don't have a chessboard, though.  Or a surfboard.

But if there was something called surf-chess, I would watch that on TV.

Wow.  I should have ended this post a while ago.  Now you're probably game bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment