Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Beauty

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
~ Confucius
- - - - -

This is a photo I took after a recent flood in Ames.  I don't much care for floods, but they happen.  And even in the midst of floods and destruction there is beauty.  I'm not saying this is a beautiful picture.  I can't say that because I took it.  I think it's a pretty good picture.  What I saw was beautiful in that moment (whether it is beautiful here or not is up to you).

Sometimes we have to stop and see the beauty.  Even in difficult circumstances.  I mean, I wasn't at risk of getting swept away by flood waters.  The flooding was over and the waters were receding.  

Similarly, I'm not saying you should stop in the middle of a tornado or fire or if you get some kind of chemical in your eye to find the beauty of that moment.  You should probably find an eye wash.  And if it is a beautiful eye wash, all the better, but get that stuff out of your eye.  If you don't, it will be more difficult to see beauty in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment