Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bridge



Was there ever in anyone's life span a point free in time, devoid of memory, a night when choice was any more than the sum of all the choices gone before?
~ Joan Didion
- - - - -

You've probably figured out by now that I like bridges.  I like how they are built.  I like how they save time by getting you from point A to point B more directly.  I like how they cross over things.  I like how they give you ways of looking at things you wouldn't other wise get.

If they built a bridge across the Atlantic to Europe, I wouldn't take that bridge.  I'm not afraid of bridges.  I like the ocean.  I just wouldn't be confident that they would have a good bridge upkeep plan.  However, if I did decide to cross that bridge - say it went from Portland, Maine to Porto, Portugal, I'd try to run or at least jog on my way there.

Then I could get one of those stickers for my car.  The ones that look kinda like this: 


Also, I figure I wouldn't have to run or jog the whole time.  There would be some stretches where no one would see me.  Or no one would SEA me.  Get it?

Who am I kidding?  I couldn't run much over 2,712 miles.  

I would walk 500 miles though.  And I would walk 500 more.  

But I bet the bridge would be marked in kilometers.  And in that case I'd have no idea how long it would take me to get there.  I don't travel in metric very often.




No comments:

Post a Comment