Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dog

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.
~ Christopher Morley
- - - - - -

That is probably true.  At least they rarely interrupt.

I think that some of us do, however, appreciate conversations about dogs.  Like the time I heard a guy talking about his dog to his new girlfriend's son.  Don't ask me how I knew it was a new girlfriend, just trust my powers of observation, okay?

Anyway, he was showing the kid videos and pictures of the dog.  And then I heard him say to the child, "It's part weiner dog and part pit bull dog."

That raised a number of concerns for me.  About the dog, the guy, the kid...  

I guess there is no understanding the ways of the heart.  Of a dog's heart.  Of a heartdog.  Or in this case a - I don't know what you'd call it.  Nothing as catchy as "labradoodle" or "puggle"comes to mind.  Maybe a "pewter bullini?"  "Pitwein" sounds not good.  "Bull weiner" sounds like something different.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that weird things happen sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment