Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Cake





I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one.  
So I bought a cake.
~ Mitch Hedberg
- - - - -
 
Once upon a time when I lived in the duplex next to noisy Georgia (the person, not the state), a lot of weird things happened.  I may write about those in a play some day.
 
For now I 'm going to write about this one part of that experience.
 
One day I went out to my car and this cake was on the curb next to my driveway.  How does this happen?  How does someone accidentally leave a cake on the ground?  It's where my garbage used to go, but I don't think it was my trash (or Georgia's - since she kept putting her trash in my trash can).  Again, more about that in my forthcoming play.
 
Maybe somebody followed through on a threat to "cake you to the curb."

I don't know.

It really didn't taste that good.  Maybe that's why they threw it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment