Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snake

Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion.
~ Egyptian Proverb
- - - - -

I have heard people refer to things as "lower than a snake's belly."  In reality though, lower than a snake's belly is even closer to the earth.  Grounded.  Connected to nature.

I understand why we are afraid of snakes and what they represent.  I understand that something so different from us can be disconcerting, dangerous.  But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't appreciate the differences of these other creatures.

Snakes eat mice and hardly ever come into my house.  Mice, on the other hand, do not eat snakes and have been known to come into my house.

Okay, once a snake came into my house and that really freaked me out.  

What freaks me out even more is how many scorpions are in my house and I don't see them because of all the mice and snakes.

And why can't I find better housing?

No comments:

Post a Comment