Search This Blog

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Love

You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but I forgot I knew until I heard it again.
~ Maggie Stiefvater
- - - - -

Love does weird things to people.  And people do weird things to love.  They manipulate it.  They twist it.  Sometimes that is good and creative.  Sometimes it is disconcerting.  Sometimes it is other things.

For example...  take the idea that a person loves.  In fact, take the quote, "I love."  That can mean a lot.  You can stretch that to cover feelings about people or animals or places or memories.  You can make it about things or food or hobbies.

Or you can scramble it up into "Olive."  Though maybe it's a bit more romantic to scramble it up into "O, live!"  Or maybe it's more romantic not to play anagram games with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment