Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Green

Distant hills look green.
~ Irish Proverb
- - - - -

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  

As I sometimes do for these blogs (though not always) I did some research on St. Patrick.  He had some adventures with pirates, got in trouble for maybe taking gifts from wealthy women, baptized a lot of people and some other stuff.  

He also was given credit for banishing snakes from Ireland. The thing is, there were never any snakes in Ireland to being with.  According to one source the closest thing Ireland had was something called a "slow worm."  

I have to say, whoever did Patrick's spin was on the ball.  I don't know if he banished the slow worm from Ireland (though maybe it wasn't even introduced to Ireland until centuries later), but if he did it was smart to call them snakes instead.  "I HAVE CLEANSED THE COUNTRY OF THE SLOW WORM!" isn't too inspiring.

I will say, however...  if I ever cleanse a country of slow worms, I might just make sure that's on my resume or CV.  What can it hurt, right?

And also, we create our own luck.

See how that all comes together so neatly?

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment