Search This Blog

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Jesus

They eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; My eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.
~ Meister Eckhart
- - - - -

When I was in Ames, I saw Jesus.  I saw him rollerblading across campus.  I didn't get a photo of him, but I did have this photo.

I don't like this image.  I don't fully understand the celebration of torture rather than the celebration of the message.  I guess people make meaning in different ways.  I guess the need and value different things.  And that's okay.  Maybe people value both.  I just think that if that happened to me, I wouldn't want people putting up billboards and having bumper stickers and all that stuff.  But different people look for different things and celebrate different kinds of miracles.  Some are for us as individuals.  Some are for everyone.

Anyway, when I saw Jesus in Ames, I was in Keith's office.  I said, "There is Jesus.  On rollerblades," and I pointed out the window.  Keith looked and said, "Yep.  There is Jesus on rollerblades."

I said, "I just wanted to make sure you saw it, too."

It still might have been a miracle, but it wasn't just my miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment