Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Snow

The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.
~ Lao Tzu
- - - - -

Snow in South Carolina is not like snow in Iowa.  I knew that.  I was told about that by lots of people - including strangers in airports.  I believe that if there is snow and people aren't used to it, even a little bit of snow is a dangerous thing.  Like a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.  Or a little bit of nuclear waste.  Or a little bit of hate.

That said, I recently had one of the most productive snow days of my life.  I walked to work and spent pretty much a full day getting caught up and ahead and working on stuff for the rest of this semester and even started on a few things for summer.  I liked that it was quiet in my building.

I really don't think that I am a people person.  I am a person person - meaning I'm good with one other person at a time.  Or two.  Maybe three.  In a crowd of lots of people though, I don't do well.  Or put me someplace where there are a bunch of meanderers, I'm not good.

But on a winterishy day when no one else is around.  I'm okay. 

And, now that I think of it, not just on a winterishy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment