Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Secrets

A good friend keeps your secrets for you.  A best friend helps you keep your own secrets.
~ Lauren Oliver
- - - - -

I know some secrets.  Some are mine.  Some are other people's.  Some are things I probably think are secret which are not secret to the people who shared them with me.  

Some people think secrets are usually bad.  I disagree.   don't know that we need to label them "good" or "bad."  Especially if they are not our secrets to begin with.

I do appreciate that I have some good people around me who can exercise discretion.  Or at least if they share things I share that I hope don't get shared they don't share those things with people who will share them so widely that the sharing gets back to me.  So, thank goodness for that.

I have some cool friends.  (pause)  I just can't tell you who all of them are.  Or at least not their real names.

Some of my best friends are spies.  That sounds like a joke.  For the sake of argument, let's just pretend it's a joke.  That's best for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment