Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Beach

It isn't the oceans which cut us off from the world - it's the American way of looking at things.
~ Henry Miller
- - - - -

I like the beach.  I like the ocean.  It has been a while since I have been to the ocean.  Maybe I'll go sometime soon.

When Leslie visited a few weeks ago we went to the Clemson University beach.  They have one.  And we saw this sign.

I am not one to read rules and regulations.  I know that might seem ironic given my past occupation, but I figure if I let common sense guide me then I can say, "Oh, I didn't realize that was against the rules.  I didn't see the sign with all those rules on it," if I get caught doing something wrong.

Leslie, on the other hand, tends to read rules.  And to follow ones.  At least the ones that make sense.

In the case of this set of rules, I was glad she read it.  If she hadn't I might have chosen to sit on the beach and that is clearly not permitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment