Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Bridge

I reckon I am a smart aleck, but it is just a way to pass the time.
~ Robert Penn Warren
- - - - -

You: Hey, look!  There's a bridge on Michelle's blog!  That hardly ever happens.

Me: I think you're being sarcastic.

You: Me? No. Never.

Me: You know I do have a lot of bridges on my blog.

You: Really? I hadn't noticed. I noticed all trees and stuff.  And fungi.  You have a lot of fungi on your blog.

Me:  This is a mockery.  You are a smart aleck.

You:  But that's better than being a stupid aleck, right?

Me:  Is it "aleck" or "alec"?

You:  How can you tell how what I said is spelled?

Me: I know you.  I know how you are.

These are not always the conversations I have in my head.  Which probably makes a few of you sad.  And probably makes most of the rest of you relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment