Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Piglet

Nobody creates a fad.  It just happens. People love going along with the idea of a beautiful pig.  It's like a conspiracy.
~ Jim Henson
- - - - -

So, I was going to write a totally different kind of post to go with this photo.  I will still write it, but I will put it with some other picture.  

Why?

Settle in everyone and let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time I wrote something to someone about sausage.  Then I was going to write a post about it and I saw this photo of the pig snout and thought it would be funny.  Then when I went to look up a quote to go with it, I came across a LONG quote by Upton Sinclair.

(pause)

I didn't read the quote.  I didn't need to.  I remember The Jungle and what it was about.

So then I felt sad and bad about writing about sausage with this photo of the cute little pig peeking out of a truck.

It probably shouldn't matter.  I doubt that the pig in this picture is still around.  And while s/he may have read The Jungle (seems like it might be a part of the porcine canon) I am very confident s/he isn't reading my blog.

Still...  Cute pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment