Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

Reading

I am a part of everything that I have read.
~ Theodore Roosevelt
- - - - -

Sometimes we read for fun.  Sometimes we read to educate ourselves.  Sometimes we read because we are compelled to by employer or teacher or partner or child.  Sometimes we read absentmindedly - looking at the words like squiggly sketches, but not making meaning of how the letters are assembled together.

If we read well or if we work as we read, we are filled with as many or more questions than information.  What we read should, ideally inspire us to read more.  Learn more.  Want to try to understand more.

Like the image above.  I read it and thought it said, "jelly beans covered in a nutritious shell!"

Then I had to read more so I could understand.  So I did.

And I understood I had misread it the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment