Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Apple

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
~ Carl Sagan
- - - - -

Apples represent a lot it seems.  Health.  Temptation.  Iatrophobia. Education (or at least as a bribe to educators). 

There was a second grade teacher at my elementary school - Mrs. Chapman - who said her family was related to Johnny Appleseed.  I don't know if that is true or not.  I didn't fact-check it.

There are lots of slogans and proverbs and sayings and idioms related to apples.  Like, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."  Things related to us are similar to us.  Close to us.  Unless we live on the side of a mountain and those things roll down the side of the mountain.  In those cases, the apply might fall very fall from the tree.

Or maybe not.  It would, I suppose fall near the tree and then just roll far away

Anyway, recently Leslie shared this thought with me...  "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...  That's why I'm always saying Aurora is so beautiful."

She is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment