Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

Bike

My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. 
They both move people forward without wasting anything. 
The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.
~ Peter Golkin
- - - - -

Both bikes and libraries are about freedom.  Exploration.  The public good.

You know, even if you are caught stealing a bike to return an overdue library book it seems like you're a decent kind of criminal.  I would read a book about a person who stole a bike to return an overdue library book.

And what if I rode a stolen bike to a park to read that story in an overdue library book?!

That would be REALLY weird.

It would be even weirder if I rode a stolen bike to a coffee house to read that story in an overdue library book.  Because I don't drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment