Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Good

Doing well is a result of doing good.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- - - - -
 
We do the best we can.  Or we should try to.  We could always do better.  Most times we could also do worse.  Do the best you can and try to do a little better the next day.  Eventually you will be better than you are.
 
And talk to other people about how they're doing.  I do that with Wayne.  I really appreciate him.  He checks in with me periodically.  Sometimes he asks how I'm doing.  Sometimes he tells me how great I am.  Sometimes he shares information with me.
 
I'm grateful to him.  He's a good friend.  When a friend asks, be honest about how you're doing.  They can be helpful.  They can provide opportunities for you to reflect on your progress.  
 
Here is an example from a recent text where Wayne helped me understand how things are going for mesimply by asking two questions.
 
Wayne: How are you?
 
Me: IM PRETTY GOOD.  Ooops.  Not all caps good.
 
Wayne: THAT GOOD?
 
Me: Not quite.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment