Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Truth

Fiction is the truth inside a lie.
~ Stephen King
- - - - -

I'm not sure what truth is, but I like trying to think about what I think about it.  I'm not sure if there is an ultimate, singular truth.  I'm not sure if the individual beliefs of individual people are the same as truth.  Some people can believe things that are not true.

When I think about the idea of writing a memoir, I am just curious about what it would entail.  Not the writing part.  I know the writing part would involve struggle and questioning and self-doubt and self-reflection and criticism and vulnerability and all of that (and more).

I just don't know if it would be true.  I don't mean I don't know if it would be "my truth" or not.  I just don't know if I can write the truth down when a fictionalized variation of that truth is so much more compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment