Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Elephant

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places.  He told me to quit going to those places.
~ Henny Youngman
- - - - -

This would not be reassuring to me if I was a kid in a dentist's office.  The elephant doesn't look happy.

Hm...  I wonder why I wrote "dentist's office" when this isn't a dentist kind of chair.  This is a doctor office thing.  Well, it wouldn't be reassuring to me there, either.

It would be even less reassuring to me if I went to someone's house on a first date and this was the only piece of furniture in the house.

It would be least reassuring if someone gave it to me as a gift.
Okay...  So I'm sitting in the library writing this and I feel compelled not to let the library staff see that I even have this picture.

Maybe I don't like it because the elephant looks sad.

I think I don't like it because I don't believe we should use animals as furniture.  We should use them as snacks.

(pause)

Just kidding.  Some animals shouldn't be eaten as snacks.  Because some of them are main courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment