Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

Trees

After all, what's a life anyway?  We're born,
we live a little while, we die.
~ E. B. White
- - - - -
 
Today is Erik's birthday.  Leslie asked me a few months ago if I remember the day he was born.  I don't.  I mean, I remember it's August 3rd, but I don't recall the event.  I was two.  I'm sure it was change for me.  I imagine I was okay with it.  I don't remember my mom telling me that I did anything overly negative or positive in response to his arrival.
 
I can't remember if I have written this before or not on the blog, but I think he probably helped me become who I am more than anyone else.  I'm not sure if I should apologize to him or to the rest of you for that.
 
Anyway, I chose the E.B. White quote because E. B. actually stands for "Erik Boettcher."  A lot of people don't know that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment