Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2015

Lists

Make a careful list of all things done to you that you abhorred. Don't do them to others, ever.
~ Dee Hock
- - - - -

Leslie and I were working on a grocery list the other day.  She had written something like PPT on the list.  I asked her what that meant and she said, "Paper towels."  I said that I didn't understand her abbreviations and asked if she could spell some things out.

She sighed and said, "Fine, but if I write 'TP' on the list do you know what that is?!"

I said, that yes... yes I did know what TP is.

I thought for a moment and made the drawing above.  I said, "If I put this on the grocery list do you know what IT is?"

She sighed again and said, "Yes.  I know what it is."

I said, "Olive Oyl.  It's OLIVE OIL!" and laughed.

She nodded, smiling sort of sadly and said quietly, "Yes.  I know."

I make me laugh.

Also, I'm not very good at drawing hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment