Search This Blog

Monday, August 31, 2015

Bernie's

CEOs of large corporations earn 400 times what their workers make.  That is not what America is supposed to be about.
~ Bernie Sanders
- - - - -

I concur.  400%.

I guess that's what you get when you focus on the ME and the I in America instead of the us in the U.S.

I will say that when I teach, I feel like I learn 400 times what my students learn, but I don't think that's quite the same thing.  They already know so much and I have so much more to learn.  They are good teachers.

I hope if they become CEOs - which they could definitely do if they wanted to (not sure many of them want to) - that they continue to work toward equity and social justice with a sense of the common good.

If they don't, then I guess I failed.  Or maybe I should have failed them because obviously they didn't learn the important stuff.  But then if they did learn the important stuff, being a CEO is probably not on their to-do list. 

Of course my opinion on all of this is subjective.

And right.

No comments:

Post a Comment