Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Shells

A pearl is worthless as long as it is in its shell.
~ Native American Proverb
- - - - -
 

When we went to the Mother's Day brunch, Leslie thought there were going to be oysters.  There were shrimp and two kinds of salmon, but no oysters.  She was pretty good, though.  She didn't flip over any tables.  She didn't say any bad swearwords.  She also didn't cry and cry and cry like I did when I was little and we were on vacation and I didn't get to have orange juice.
 
Which is good.  She is a full-grown person.  I was just a little kid.  Apparently, kind of a brat of a little kid.  And also I should be grateful that I didn't get orange juice because I probably would have gotten car sick.  And that's not fun for anyone. 
 
I would hate for my worst enemy to get carsick.
 
Clarification: I would hate for my worst enemy to get carsick if s/he was sitting next to me in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment