Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stairs

Never look backward or you'll fall down the stairs.
~ Rudyard Kipling
- - - - -

These are the stairs that lead up to the floor where my office is.  I don't really think about them that much.  On the day I took this photo, though, they were pretty stand outish.  The light and the shadow...  It caught my attention.

And that's the way a lot of things are, I think.  We don't notice or pay attention or respond to them unless they are cast in a certain light.  Otherwise, they blend in with our surroundings and our routines.  We just don't respond to them.

But when someone shines a light in our eyes and yells at us and asks us where we were on a certain night.  Especially if we are being accused of something, well then we pay attention.  A lot of attention.  At least I do.  I don't like a light being shined in my eyes.  A light being shone in my eyes?  I don't like being in a spotlight.

And I super don't like being yelled at.

No comments:

Post a Comment