Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2015

Reading

We read to know we're not alone.
~ William Nicholson
- - - - -

I have gotten better about checking my phone before I hit send...  Not always, but sometimes.  I probably exercise more care when it is people at work or students or people I don't know well.

For example, in the not too distant past, I was asked to take a look at a draft of a paper.  I responded that I would do it over the weekend, but that the student should let me know if she needed me to do it sooner.

But my phone - which sometimes I think hates me - autocorrected my text so it read, "I can read it over the weekend, but let me know if you want me to do it sober."

Maybe my phone doesn't hate me.  Maybe it just has the same sense of humor I would have if I was a phone.  

Or maybe instead of getting a smart phone I accidentally bought one of those smart ass phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment