Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Write

Journal writing is like a voyage to the interior.
~ Christina Baldwin
- - - - -
I have a journal Leslie gave me.  It is small and brown leather.  It has my initial on it.  I write things in it.  At the end of the year some of my students gave me a picture of me with a journal and they said it contained thoughts and jokes and they weren't really sure what I wrote in the journal.
Thoughts and jokes is about it.  Quotes.  Ideas.  Stuff I want to remember or think about again later.
Anyway, today as I write this post, I'm sitting in the library at Duquesne.  I am working on my blog.  I have written dates in the back of the journal and am crossing them out when I write posts for that day.  There is one Librariman who keeps walking by and looking at me.
I think he thinks I'm defacing a library book.
I am not. 
Why am I sort of amused that he thinks I might be, though?
Because I am easily sort of amused, I guess.
Or maybe I am defacing the book.  It's not a library book, but I am definitely messing up the pages in this journal.  But I like my mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment