Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2015

Sky

While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than we can see with our eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.
~ Dorothea Lange
- - - - -

I love photos.  I love to take great photos.  I love to see great photos other people take.

Now, don't misunderstand me.  I am not posting all of this thinking that the above is a great photo.  I think there are interesting things about it, but it probably isn't a great photo per se.  I like it.  I think it's kind of bold.  I can't tell if it would be better if the phone line on the right was out of the photo all together or more in the photo.  I am tempted to think more in would be better.

My point is, that usually when I take photos and post them on Facebook I get at least a few likes.  One day I posted the above photo and no one liked it.  I thought, "Hm.  No one likes that photo.  I guess I was right.  It isn't that good."  And then I posted another photo later.  No one liked it either.

Then I thought, "I must be losing my photographic eye.  Or else people's tastes have shifted and they aren't interested in what I'm interested in in terms of images."

Then I posted a third photo.  It was this:

 
 
And I said something about how I had a 3D printer and didn't see what the big deal was.  And no one liked that either.
 
Then I realized something MUST be wrong because - seriously - that is pretty funny.
And then I realized that I had my photos set so that I was the only one who could se them.
And then I realized that as much as I say that I post things for my own amusement, that isn't 100% true.
And then I realized that - while I am definitely an introvert in real life - I am quite a huge attention-seeker in my online / FB and blogging life.
And then I realized what a mystery I am and how someone should write a book about me.
And then I realized that the best person to do that is sitting right here in front of this keyboard typing this post right now.
And then I realized how I can't wait to read that book.
And then I realized it was late and I should probably wrap it up.
And then I realized that there should be a word called "fakeized" because some people are in denial and what they realize isn't real at all.
 
But of course I'm talking about other people, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment