Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Food

We're like ants at the picnic.  We don't eat much but nobody wants us there.
~ Rodney Olson
- - - - -

I have an ongoing battle with fire ants in my yard.  I have only been bitten once, but that was enough for me to know that I would like them to live (or not live) somewhere else.  I went to the store and an older guy who seemed to know what he was talking about took me to a secret part of the store and handed me a container of powder.  The container looked like it had been on the shelf for a long time.

"This," he said firmly, "is what you need to use.  Only this."

So I took it.  It worked.  Well, sorta.  The fire ants have gradually moved around the yard.  Each time I use it, a new nest spring up somewhere else.  It's sort of like 'Whack a Mole" only it's "Poison a bunch of Ants."

I was telling Leslie about it - because I tell her about the stuff I do almost all the times.  She paused and then said, "I wonder if fire ants are like jalapeños to birds."

She isn't always helpful with my lawn issues, but she does give me things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment