Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Art


Arguably, no artist grows up: If he sheds the perceptions of childhood, he ceases being an artist.
~ Ed Norem
-----
I like lots of kinds of art, but some of it freaks me out. I don't like Dali, for example. And - of course you all should realize that I would hate any sort of clown art.
I think it's a good idea to try different kinds of art, though. I always end up back at photography - which some still don't really consider art - but I've tried painting just a little, drawing, and pottery.
Types of art I have not tried include: tattooing someone, carving something really big out of a whole lot of butter, motorcycle maintenance, or painting egg shells for decorations on trees.
We did come home from work today and found that we had been the victimized by an art-attack. There is a painting of two lions under the tree in our front yard. It is not all that good.
In fact, when I asked Maddie why she left it there she said it was too embarrassing to even touch. I guess her friends driving by and seeing it under the tree in our yard is less embarrassing to her.
I will report back on how we get our art revenge on Jamie and / or Colleen or their parents. While I am confident their parents had nothing to do with this, they don't live far from us and would be pretty easy targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment