Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Erik



Don't ever take down a fence until you know why it was put up.
~ Robert Frost
-----
My brother Erik once was sitting on a fence post and I rode by on a bike and waved. He waved back, fell off the fence and broke his arm. To this day he swears I ran into the fence and that's why he fell.
My brother Erik fell down the stairs at my aunt and uncle's house and broke his collarbone. To this day he swears my cousin pushed him down the stairs. I could go on, but you get the idea.
I used to get so angry that he accused me of causing the accident. Never mind the fact that I did actually once break his arm. Another story for another blog entry.
Anyway, the other day Chris said, "Maybe the question isn't whether or not you rammed the fence so he fell or whether or not your cousin pushed him down the stairs. Maybe the real question is why would so many people want to hurt him?"
An excellent observation. And if you knew Erik, you'd know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment