Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Finishing


The field of consciousness is tiny. It accepts only one problem at a time. Get into a fistfight, put your mind on the strategy of the fight, and you will not feel the other fellow’s punches.
~ Antoine De Saint-Exupery
-----
I love harvest season. I think there are really two types of people - planters and harvesters. The people who like beginnings and those who like endings. I am definitely not a beginner, I am a finisher.
Beginning is based on anticipation, enthusiasm, effort, dreaming.
Finishing is based on summary, completion, reflection, achievement.
The starters sit and think, "There is so much to do."
The finishers sit and think, "There was so much done."
I also REALLY love tractors working at night. One time I said that I thought I'd like to be a farmer because I love seeing tractors at night. Then I realized that maybe I should just buy a tractor and drive it at night instead of going to all the work of actually becoming a farmer.

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide whether I enjoyed beginning this blog post or ending it....

    ReplyDelete