Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Quiet



Your mind will answer more questions if you learn
to relax and wait for the answer.
~ William S. Burroughs


-----

I emailed a friend of mine today and was telling him about an honors seminar that I taught a few semesters ago called "The Power of Quiet." It was about relaxing, reflecting, enjoying calm and quiet and being intentional about making time for quiet in your life. It was an opportunity for students to find quiet places on campus and images taht produced a sense of calm in their lives. What I failed to consider, however, is the fact that students who sign up for a course called "The Power of Quiet" are ones who might be difficult to get to speak up in class.

I enjoyed the class.

Maybe next time I could teach one called "The Power of Yelling" or the "The Power of Talking in Class in Relation to Getting an A in the Class."

No comments:

Post a Comment