Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Seasons



The summer night is like a perfection of thought.
~ Wallace Stevens
-----
I get excited for every new season. Right now summer is coming to a close and I am very excited for autumn (my favorite). Having lived places without all the seasons, I think that if you don't go through winter, you can't really say that you know what it is like to anticipate anything. Seriously, you have no idea.
Even with that said, though, I will find a moment when I look forward to winter. It is not my favorite. I wish it could end in early January. But I do appreciate that it makes me appreciative of the rest of the year.
Plus, it is really inappropriate to throw a blob of mud at someone, but somehow it's okay to throw a snowball.

No comments:

Post a Comment