Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Food



People only see what they are prepared to see.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
-----
Elizabeth loves to prepare food. Actually, it's not so much the preparation as the plating of food - arranging it - which is an art.
One evening, she was making dessert for everyone. She was preparing strawberries. She wanted to make sure the food was clean, so she decided to use hand sanitizer on the berries. I told her (after she finished one bowl) not to clean them that way. I didn't tell her to re-do the strawberries she had already carefully arranged in one of the bowls. For one thing I didn't want to discourage her when she had put in so much effort. For another thing, I figured I only had a 25% chance of getting the hand sanitizer berries.
I ended up with the hand sanitizer berries.
The moral of the story is either:
1. Keep an eye on kids in the kitchen. OR
2. If you choose to spare a child's feelings instead of protecting yourself, you end up eating hand sanitizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment