Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pants, Baseball, and Parades




Group conformity scares the pants off me because it's so often a prelude to cruelty toward anyone who doesn't want to -- or can't -- join the Big Parade.
~ Bette Midler
-----
So my Uncle Dan offered to take me to an Iowa Oaks game one time (it was a long time ago before they were the Iowa Cubs). I was really excited to go. But then, when the day came, I had really bad diarrhea and couldn't go with him. He took my brother instead. Later that summer, the day of the Fourth of July parade (which was probably on July 4th), my brother couldn't go because he had a really bad diarrhea.
I got a lot of candy, but if I could have switched, I would rather have gone to the ballgame. And my brother probably would have liked the parade more.
I don't like parades, really. They're kind of boring. You stand there watching everyone else ride by waving - or flaunting, if you will - while you just stand there and pick up fruit-flavored Tootsie Rolls. And I don't really like those kind of Tootsie Rolls.
Plus, sometimes there are clowns. And I don't like clowns.
Plus, this blog probably contains TMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment