Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friends



Be slow to fall into friendship, but when thou art in,
continue firm and constant.
~ Socrates
-----
My friends make me laugh. I think that's probably just about the most important part of friendship to me. Without laughter, what's the point? I can be serious or patient or whatever on my own. But making myself laugh is kind of like someone trying to tickle himself. When you know where it's coming from and the timing, it doesn't make you laugh as much.
Tonight I watched many of my friends laugh and dance and enjoy Sarah and Kevin's wedding. My favorite part was probably watching Joe and Chris dance. They came up with several new moves including the "butter churn" (which is completely inappropriate - especially around children and people with heart conditions).
Joe and Emily should move back to Ames. The above photo is of Joe and Emily. Well, Joe and a doll. Of course the doll may have been named Emily, since it belongs to Elizabeth.
-----
Chris: (filling out forms for Girl Scout Camp) Allergies, none. Medications, none. Interests...
Elizabeth: Put horses and swimming. I really want to ride horses.
Chris: Okay. Horses and swimming... Nicknames...
Elizabeth: Emily
Chris: What? That's not your name.
Elizabeth: I know, it's my nickname.
Michelle: Who calls you that?
Elizabeth: This one girl at school does.
Chris: Why?
Elizabeth: Because I told her to.

No comments:

Post a Comment