Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Determination

Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race.
~ Calvin Coolidge
- - - - -
 
I believe that if you want opportunities - they are there for you.  You have to work hard and they might not come along exactly as you pictured them.  For example, you might want a baseball career and by circumstance that might mean that you coach a little kids' t-ball team instead of playing pro ball.  You might want to be a famous thespian and you do community theater.  Or a rock star and you start your own band.  You might want to be President of the United States and you end up serving as president of something else.
 
For example, I'm not President of the United States.  I was, however, President of Snoopy's #1 Fan Club.  Well, I was co-president.  And there were no members besides me and the other co-president.  But that's okay?  You see, I didn't ever want to be President of the United States.  I wanted to be on the Supreme Court.
 
And now I work in Judicial Affairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment