Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Random

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.
~ Steven Wright
- - - - -

Not too long ago I was fishing.  I found a pretty good spot - well, a good spot to sit, I don't think I actually caught anything that day.  Anyway, I was fishing and enjoying the weather and watching a turtle on a log.  Then I looked up and saw this tree.  I saw one bobber hanging from a tree and it made me chuckle.  Then I saw another and another and another.

Can you find all four bobbers hidden in this picture?

It was kind of like living in a Highlights for Children magazine.  Which, to be honest, is not the magazine I ever imagined myself living in.  I would rather live in Architectural Digest.  Or Dwell.  Or The Oxford American.

But I think living in Highlights for Children is probably better than living in a lot of other magazines.  For me, personally, living in Modern Cat or Practical Reptile Keeping would not be all that enjoyable.  Nor would living in Vegetarian Times, Teddy Bear Review, Doll Advertiser, International Figure Skating, or J-14 be pleasant for me.

And, yes, I did learn about a lot of magazines writing this post.  More, truth be told, than maybe I would have liked to know.  And, yes, I might be inclined to go to a movie about a person who got trapped in different magazines.  Especially if Meryl Streep was in it.  (pause)  Though I doubt she'd make that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment