Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Togetherness

I will, from this day strive to forge togetherness out of our differences.
~ Josefa Iloilo
- - - - - 

I think that togetherness is important.  Sometimes I think about the human race and community and the connections between us all.  I think connection requires risk.  I think that we have to show our true selves to be truly together.  

We have to give.  Just like in the days of yore when communities would give time and talent to raise barns for their neighbors, we have to be willing to give. 

But I'm talking about giving even more than that.  We have to show ourselves and be vulnerable with one another.  We have more things in common than we have differences.  But we can't know that unless we share.  Openly.  Honestly.  Frequently.

For example, raise your hand if yesterday you were chased down gravel roads and falsely accused of leaving a cat and litter of kittens in an old barn on private property which was not clearly marked, "No Trespassing."

(pause)

No one?  Just me?  

Fine.  I guess we won't be togetherness, then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment