Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Readers

Not all readers become leaders, but all leaders must be readers.
~ Harry Truman
- - - - -

Leslie and I recently went to the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library.  I learned a lot of things there.  One was that Truman was the person who came up with the idea of a presidential library.  Before that, people would often sell off presidential papers and other items.  I learned that President Truman walked to work at his library pretty much every day.  I learned that he lied about his eyesight to get into the military.  I learned the S. in Harry S. Truman was made up.

I think the best way to learn about a person, though - if the person isn't available - is through his or her words and the life he or she led.

In addition to the quote above, I learned a lot about Harry Truman - and about life - from this other quote of his, "Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."

No comments:

Post a Comment