Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Driving

I was never more alive than when the Dark Passenger was driving.
~ Jeff Lindsay
- - - - -

Leslie and I seem to talk a lot when one or both of us is driving.  She says that I sound like I'm in a tin can when I talk on the hands-free system in my car.  (pause)  Technically, I suppose that I am in a tin can.  Sometimes her bluetooth acts up and I can't hear her well, either.

We usually figure out our way through it.  Probably because we are both persistent and we are both fascinating to listen to and we both have such interesting things to say.  Well, for me, it might be more the persistent thing than the fascinating and interesting thing.

Anyway, the other day we had this dialogue...

Me:  The reception on this call is really bad.

LL:  It is cloudy here.  Maybe that's it.

Me:  It sounds like you're in a swarm of bees.

LL:  Oh, and also I'm driving through a swarm of bees.

(pause)

I really like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment