Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wander

Not all who wander are lost.
~ J.R.R. Tolkein
- - - - -

Last weekend I went out for a drive.  I wanted to drive to the Missouri river to see the leaves in their colorful wonderfulness.  Unfortunately, as I drove east, I saw mostly green trees.  So I started driving northwest.  Still...  mostly green trees.  Don't misunderstand me.  I can appreciate a nice green tree.  I can even appreciate a tree with no leaves at all.  I just was expecting something else.

I did see some amazing things on my western Iowa tour, though.  Here is some of what I texted Leslie about my adventure.

Me:  Just saw a red tailed  hawk flying with a snake in its beak!!!

Leslie:  Whoa!!!!

Me:  I know.  And then right after that I saw a herd of buffalo.  And now I'm accidentally in South Dakota.

When I told people at work about my trip, Sara said, "'Not all who wander are lost!'  That's what you should post when you blog about this!"

So, I did.  

However, the truth is that I was lost - more than once - on that trip.

But not all who are lost worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment